As a member of the prestigious university, National Tsing Hau University, the Graduate Institute of Mathematics and Science Education (GIMSE) plays a key position in cultivating excellent talents for research and practice in mathematics and science education. Serving as an impetus for education reforms in Taiwan, GIMSE emphasizes the engagement in research development and the practices in facilitating professional growth of mathematics and science teachers at primary and secondary school levels.
1. To nurture teaching competences of mathematics and science teachers at primary and secondary school levels
2. To cultivate excellent talents for research and leadership in mathematics and science education
3. To become an exemplary institute for innovative teaching and research
4. To coordinate research and practices for better mathematics and science teaching
Directions of development
1. GIMSE continues in cultivating excellent pre-service teachers, in-service teachers, and teacher leaders (e.g., counseling teachers) in mathematics and science education
2. GIMSE continues in developing academic scholarship by nurturing talents for research and seeking for significant positions in international academic organizations.
3. GIMSE continues in establishing international connections by inviting international scholars for academic activities, fostering exchange of graduate students with well-known international universities, mutual visiting with well-known international university, and initiating cross-nation research projects
4. GIMSE continues in providing specialized certificate programs for pre-service and in-service teachers in mathematics and science.
5. GIMSE continues in promoting industry and university incorporation such as establishing close partnership with teacher counseling teams, designing innovative education products, and training human resources specialized in mathematics and science education for industry.
GIMSE has excellent faculties specialized in mathematics and science education. GIMSE curriculum involving four domains: fundamental theoretical knowledge, practical knowledge for mathematics and science teaching, knowledge about professional growth of teachers, and mathematics-related and science-related educational product design. We sincerely invite you to join GIMSE family to become the next excellent talent in mathematics and science education.