About Tungnan University (TNU)
In 1960s, the Founder Jiang Zhi-ping promoted “Tungnan Industrial Technical Institute” in the context of the domestic industrial take-off and the qualified technical talent shortage. On August 28, 1970, in accordance with the authorization of Ministry of Education began to recruit students.
In 1990s, responded to the development of industry and commerce, the school planned the upgrading and system reform. On August 1, 2000, Tungnan Technical Institute was changed institution status; and with the concerted effort of the faculty and staff renamed to Tungnan University in 2007.
In respond to the influence of Low Birth Rates, the school adjusted departments in order to reach the use of educational resources effectively, and also to improve the teaching quality. Fifteen departments adopted IEET accreditation in 2017, it was the only University overall passed IEET from 2003 to present.
Over 51 years since establishment, the school is developed into a three colleges, 16 departments, 181 full-time faculties and 5,576 students large-sized technology university.
The university has the following colleges:
I. College of Engineering
1. Dept. of Mechanical Engineering
2. Dept. of Construction and Spatial Design
3. Dept. of Energy and Refrigerating &Air- Conditioning Engineering
4. Dept. of Electronic Engineering
5. Dept. of Electrical Engineering
6. Dept. of Information Technology
II. College of Tourism, Hospitality, Leisure and Management
1. Institute of Industrial Management
2. Dept. of Leisure Management
3. Dept. of Travel and Ecotourism
4. Dept. of Hospitality Management
5. Dept. of Applied English
6. Dept. of Performing Arts
III. College of Innovation and Design
1. Dept. of Digital Media Design
2. Dept. of Interior Design
3. Dept. of Creative Product Design
4. Dept. of Digital Game Design
Arts and humanities
Business, administration and law
Information and communication technologies
Engineering, manufacturing and construction