National Chiayi University (hereafter NCYU or the University) encourages outstanding international postgraduate students enrolled at the University to promote internationalization. In accordance with the “Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan” Article 15, the University promulgates “Guidelines for International Student Scholarships of National Chiayi University” (hereafter the Guidelines). The financial sources of International Student Scholarships at National Chiayi University (hereafter the Scholarships) include subsidies from the Ministry of Education, donations, and the University funds. According to the application of Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan of MOE, the international postgraduate students can apply for the scholarships before the students have the qualifications for admission.
Scholarships are divided into:
1. Tuition and credit fee subsidies (the administration fees, thesis supervision fees, insurance premiums, accommodation, or internet access are not included). The credit fee subsidy shall be in principle based on the course structure of each department, unless specifically requested by the advisor.
2. Monthly scholarship: For graduate students, the monthly scholarship shall be NT$8000; for doctoral students, the monthly scholarship shall be NT10,000, from August each year to July in the following year (for those who are enrolled in the second semester: from February each year to January in the following year.) For new students, the scholarship shall only be paid from the month of registration, which month must have 15 days or more to be within the semester; for graduating students, the scholarship shall only be paid until the month of graduation, which month must have 15 days or more to be within the semester.
Qualifications for applying the scholarship:
The new international postgraduate students may submit an application for the Scholarships to the Office of International Affairs while they are filling out the application form for admission. The application for the Scholarships shall be reviewed and decided by the International Student Admission Review Committee, after being initially reviewed by the respective department or program for recommendation, and after being prioritized for scholarship type and approval order. Qualifications for applying are as follow:
(1) Proof of beginner level (TOCFL Level 2/ CEFR A2) or above of Chinese proficiency, or the proof of CEF B1 or above of English proficiency.
(2) With the status of “accepting an employment offer” on the resident certificate or the status of “employment” on the visa, the items of the Scholarships to be provided shall cover at most the tuition fee per semester and the credit fee.
(3) Anyone who has received the scholarships provided by various government agencies of our country may not receive the Scholarships. Violators, after being found to have repeated in receiving the scholarship, may be revoked of the qualification for the Scholarships.
More information, please refer to Guidelines for International Student Scholarships of National Chiayi University