The curriculum is designed to meet the objectives of professional education and its completeness and diversity of the needs of students and society, and the main development guidelines are summarized as follows:
1. Training wood based materials and design expertise and furniture engineering skills – Professional research courses by the led full-time teachers allocated 3-5 students during the third summer to participate in the research, and technical reports and poster exhibition published in order to meet the school's goal of building science and technology and improving the quality of research, as well as the department's educational objectives of academic research and development.
2. Cultivate science and technology and humanistic literacy with both talent knowledge transfer and practical technology, and timely visits to manufacturers or related official and academic units, increase the scope of information. In line with the development and enrichment of the university students multi-knowledge ability and with the challenge of ability and competitiveness, that is, "becoming the Glory of Chiayi, becoming famous nationwide" indicators.
3. Pay attention to the enrichment of production and practical experience -professional subjects combined with production and academic cooperation, strengthen students' wood based materials and design practice training and research ability, in addition to enrich professional ability, can increase the practical experience before the job.
4. Cultivate advanced furniture design or creative industry planning and manufacturing talent - in pursuit of excellence, pluralism and innovation, the department strengthens the furniture design and manufacturing practice courses, and with the forest and related units to organize promotional education, and enhance community services.
5. Cultivate basic research talents related to wood based materials and design cooperate with the academic research projects applied by teachers, integrate teachers within the department to participate in, and achieve cross-disciplinary academic exchanges and improve research level. To be in line with the university's overall development plan to strengthen academic exchanges and cooperation and to be among the international halls.
More details, please refer to https://tinyurl.com/yxoft6e2