The Program of Microbiology and Immunology provides a stimulating environment for graduate students from this institute and undergraduate students from the other departments.
International students are also welcome to enroll the TCU International Graduate Program in Microbiology and Immunology with us.
TCU also provides full scholarship for graduate students. The scholarship covers the living stipend and university boarding and tuition fee is also part of scholarship for international students.
Development of education and research
This program endeavors to focus on pathogenesis of bacterial diseases, gene regulation of microorganisms, host-defense mechanisms of immune system and the relationship between immune aging and autoimmune diseases as foundation for cultivating students in basic, clinical and biomedical industry.
Variety of researches from molecular microbiology to immunology are performed in this program.
1. Physiological adaptation and gene regulation of Virbrio spp. in response to environmental fluctuations.
2. Interaction of microorganism with environment.
3. Quorum-sensing systems and two-component systems of bacteria.
4. Gene regulation of bacteria in response to aromatic compound degradation of Acinetobacter buamannii .
5. Isolation and characterization of Bacteriophage.
6. Bacteria division and morphological chances of Helicobacter pylori.
1. Host-defense mechanism and pathogenesis of pathogens.
2. The relationship between immune aging and autoimmune diseases.
3. The effects of anti-oxidants on immune aging.
4. Listeria monocytogenes as a model system to study native and acquired immune response.