The department’s main focus is to train professional IT personals, together with other holistic education, and to nurture the academic activities with a strong theoretical, practical, and innovative ability.
The department tries to enable the students to achieve professional education and together with the effort of staff and students to closely follow the Educational goals set forth as follows:
1. To have a profound understanding of basic professional information knowledge and the skills to solve problems.
2. To develop the ability to independently think and to be innovative.
3. To develop the ability to communicate, coordinate, and collaborate.
4. To nurture the ability to have the spirit of caring for humanities.
5. To cultivate the ability for self-learning.
The department students should possess the following core values and competencies:
1. Should have the ability to use the technology and the knowledge of Information Engineering.
2. Should develop the ability to design, implement, analyze and maintain the information system.
3. Should develop the ability to independently think and innovatively create new things.
4. Should develop the ability to communicate, coordinate and collaborate.
5. Should develop the ability for project planning and execution successfully.
6. Should develop the ability for sound oral communication and for a written scientific report.
7. Should develop the ability for sound humanistic vision and care.
8. Should develop the ability for self-reflection and self-learning.
The department mainly trains and forms the students to be talented in professional information, besides, train them in holistic education and other various academic activities, with strong theoretical, practical, and innovative abilities:
1. To train them to have self-learning ability in professional information knowledge and to develop the skills in technological innovation.
2. To train them to have new innovative thinking and to have the ability to solve problems independently.
3. To train them to have the ability to lead, manage and plan as well as to have the ability to integrate with different professional fields and personals.
4. To train them to have the ability to develop a global vision.
The department aims that the students achieve the following core competencies:
1. To gain the ability to learn the information engineering technology-related areas and to do research effectively.
2. To acquire self-learning ability.
3. To choose a team project for research and to execute.
4. To gain the ability to write technical reports and to write a scientific thesis.
5. To develop independent thinking and to have interdisciplinary collaborative problem-solving skills.
6. To acquire leadership, management, and planning ability.
7. To acquire a clear international perspective.