The Department believes in balancing theory and practice, and is distinguished by the following features in its approach to education:
- Equal emphasis on theory and practice.
- Participation in important competitions is encouraged.
- High standard demanded of a graduate special project.
- Strict requirement of English proficiency.
- Strong emphasis on teamwork and "learning by doing".
Directions for Development
The following directions for the Department were determined after a balanced review of the availability of teaching resources, developments in the specialty, and general demands of society:
- To nurture specialists who can apply theories of communication and marketing management to the field of advertising and public relations.
- To strengthen students' knowledge of digital communications and media by providing multimedia-related practical courses in keeping with technological developments.
- To cultivate in students a wide perspective in advertising and communication through enhanced analysis of advertising as a socio-cultural phenomenon.
- To improve students' ability to inter-discipline & integrate different specialties in order to meet the varied demands of a diverse society.
The Department aims to nurture well-rounded and highly professional advertising, public relations, and multimedia specialists from a holistic education approach.