EDUCATIONAL AIMS of DFLL for UNDERGRADUATES:
1. Promote humanistic values: Cultivate the ability to respect life, to take care of others in society, and to value diverse opinions through cultural enrichment and new life experiences.
2. Broaden horizons: Provide a range of activities in teaching and academic exchange, cultivate students with global perspectives.
3. Reinforce logical thinking: encourage the development of students’ critical and analytical ability, strengthen students’ expression and communication skills.
4. Cultivate professional knowledge: Provide a number of professional courses in literature and linguistics, teach step-by-step related knowledge such as foreign (especially English and American) literature, cultural study, arts, second language acquisition, and cross-discipline linguistic study.
5. Cultivate personnel with foreign language abilities especially in English: Promote students’ English proficiency by all-aspect English training.