The goal of the Institute is to train students with the geological and geophysical methods and their applications to the problems of marine & environmental geosciences, resource exploration and tectonic/engineering geophysics. Our research topics focus on:
Paleoceanography and Paleoclimatology.
Ocean Bottom Seismometer (OBS) and Join Research for Continental Shelf (JRCS).
High-Resolution Seismic, Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) Imaging and Seismic Data Processing.
Sedimentary Environment Analyses and Paleo-environmental Changes.
1. Paleoceanography and Paleoclimatology; Global Climate Change;
2. Marine Seismic Survey by Applying OBS (Ocean Bottom Seismometer);
Continental Shelf Research and Marine Geological Resource;
3. Mineral Synthesis; Geochemistry;
4. Environmental and Engineering Geology;
5. Hydrogeology and Water Resource.