Study in Taiwan Learning plus Adventure

Medical care

  • Insurance

    International students with an Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) who have resided in Taiwan for 6 months must enroll in the National Health Insurance (NHI) program at a local administrative office. Before they become eligible for the NHI program, students must purchase their own insurance or participate in a temporary health insurance program offered by the international students’ office at their educational institution. The insurance premium has to be paid monthly once registration is completed. The cost of NHI is included in the tuition fee every semester. Once registered with the National Health Insurance, you will only need to pay 60% of any medical bill.

    International students who enroll in the NHI program should apply for the NHI IC card. Students can fill in the "NHI IC Card Application Form," and attach a photocopy of your identity document, then mail it or bring it in person to a nearby NHI branch office or liaison office. You will need the following documents: the application form, your passport, ARC, and two 1-inch photos.

    For more details, please refer to The Bureau of National Health Insurance.